Welcome to Primary Wool Cooperative Limited
Primary Wool Cooperative Limited (PWC) was formed by a group of local farmers in 1974 to increase the returns for wool growers. Over the ensuing decades, membership has grown to nearly 1,000 and significant investment and involvement has been made in the NZ wool industry. The proven grower owned and controlled cooperative structure remains paramount.
PWC has a 50% shareholding in Elders Primary Wool (EPW) and two PWC Directors sit on the EPW Board to actively represent the interests of Cooperative members. International market access through the marketing initiatives of EPW direct to the lucrative American consumer market will help to continue the objectives that were present at the Cooperative’s inception – increased returns for wool growers.
Cooperative membership delivers significant benefits to wool growers. Members not only get a reduction on charges but also increased prices for quality wool and a share in the profits of Elders Primary Wool.
Download the 2012 Annual Report below:
- PWC is a proud supporter of the Campaign for Wool of which HRH The Prince of Wales is Patron - www.campaignforwool.co.nz
- New website launched 11 June 2009 to support promotion in the USA - www.justshorn.com
- Market driven initiative to get better value for strong wool that is long term, profitable and sustainable via Wool Marketing Enterprises
- Even in today’s depressed financial climate, PWC shareholders get a
- 15% return on PWC shares
- Shareholders earn $249,000 in rebates in the year to 30 September 2012